Saturday 2 November 2013

Off to the Exhibition

Morning All !
--   and a special welcome to Kate from Pennsylvania, nice to see you here.
Just back from hanging balloons outside the village hall. This weekend  we hold an exhibition and some walks as part of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Discovery Days ( what a mouthful)
 The weather isn't looking too kind, but we have done our best, so we shall wait to see who turns up. I cooked slab cakes - lemon drizzle, ginger, carrot cake and apple cake for the refreshments. My colleague reckons I should put a sign outside saying "come and get your five a day here". If they don't have the saying in your country, it means you should eat five vegetables or fruits each day.
The animals.who are now knee deep in mud, are fed and watered(!) and tonight's veg are prepped, so I will have a shower and then wend my way round to finish setting up.
  See you later and let you know how we got on.
Gillx

1 comment:

  1. lemon drizzle, ginger, carrot cake and apple cake

    Oh you have no idea how my mouth is watering Gill. I don't care for donuts, cream cakes, merigues, gateaux, or any of that stuff, but give me a good slab cake (or tray bake my Mum calls them) and I am in heaven. I have to confess I DO NOT share and If Mum makes one one, I'm not above hiding it from the Mr.
    Carrot cake is my all time favourite, followed closely by lemon drizzle. Supermarket cakes are a total disappointment, they have to be home-made. I only wish we lived nearer one another :-D

    ReplyDelete