Wednesday 26 March 2014

Individual Lamb Pictures

Hello Each !
Below are individual pics of the lambs  -
Firstly here is Adam, who as yet hasn't got the hang of drinking from a bottle!

Secondly, Arnie, who is older than the others and therefore much bigger ( and Greedier)

Thirdly, Arkwright, who is sucking my hand because he has run out of bottle.
Last but not least, Archie, Arkwright's brother, who moonlights as a rabbit!

So there you are. Old farmers say not to name them, but they still have to be identified. If we hadn't given them names within a few days these would probably, for the purposes of identification, have been called, Fluffy, Big 'un, Ear up and Floppy !
Three of the lambs are sucking at their bottles like good 'uns but Adam, I'm virtually having to force feed. He'll get the hang of it soon I have no doubt.

This Follower business is driving me mad.
I tried to follow a couple of blogs again today and AGAIN was was told "we are unable to handle your request"
A couple of friends have told me that they have tried to follow mine and have been told the same..What is going on?
On a similar subject, a (different) couple of friends tell me that they have tried to comment on mine and others in my side bar and not been able to. I think this has something to do with having a Google account. I have just asked YD and she tells me that they need to ....1. Go to Google; 2. Go to sign in; 3.Create an account. They should then be able to comment on any blog ........Hope this info is useful to others.

We had eggs, bacon (Sainsburys cooking bacon) and champ, made with left over mash and some yellow sticker scallions, for tea last night. There was a really thick bacon chop left, which I cooked up at the same time (saves heat) Today I shall cut the chop up into pieces and mix it with some cheese sauce left over from  Sunday and the last of the yellow sticker scallions. I then have to decide if I shall make savoury pancakes, cheese and ham pasties or turn them into a pasta dish. Whatever I do I shall also use some spinach from the garden - might do a simple stir fry even.  Oooh I know how to live.

Off to plant some new hops and blackcurrant bushes now. it will soon be too late to do this!

Back Soon
Gillx

16 comments:

  1. Stop Doing That -- Now broody for orphan lambs!

    I used to love it when they all suddenly ran in a circle round the field and then leaped in the air all feet off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are just starting to get "boingy" now. The weather is too cold for them to go outside yet, in fact last night I put a heat lamp in their byer. But over the weekend we hope they can go out for a mad half hour!

      Delete
  2. wonderful photos, if I ever owned any, they would surely become pets, and stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm doesn't really work out that way. Four rams will be a bit of a handful in a few months and certainly won't be trusted with the children. Having a ewe lamb can be different though.

      Delete
  3. Love the lambs, love the sound of dinner as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time they are full grown we will be looking forward to them going. That's the way it tends to work, making rearing for meat so much easier.

      Delete
  4. Hope that one soon learns to suck. They are so fragile in the first few days aren't they?
    Incidentally, I had absolutely no trouble in getting you on to my side bar, and I have no trouble getting to leave a comment.
    Are you watching lambing live on BBC2? We are loving it, from the comfort of our armchairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam started sucking properly this evening, so we might just be out of the woods. However, as you know, "sheep are waiting to die". but fingers crossed!
      I missed lambing live,, but my frriend has phoned me to remind me tonight. The trouble with followers/folllowing has only been over the last month. YD showed me a way to follow tonight, which is a bit convaluted, but did at least work, if I can only remember how to do it!. I certainly can't just click the "follow" button at presenmt

      Delete
  5. It was always my job to get lambs to suck from the bottle. I used to hold it in there mouth and then cup my hand around their jaw and bottle so they couldn't pull away. You then massage their throat to get them to swallow. Too many hours of my childhood trying to keep lambs alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam started sucking properly tonight, I am pleased to say! I was getting fed up of being so sticky, with the sweet milk running down my sleeves.. Sometimes it can take even longer than it has tonight and I have resorted to drenching, which I hate as I am always fearful of getting it wrong.

      Delete
  6. Hurray people, something awesome just happened few days ago. My wife who has already divorced me came back.... All special thanks to Priestessmunak@gmail.com, a spell woman with a difference who help me bring back my ex wife in just two weeks she is a great spell witch she can grant any help in any kind of problem, She is honest and does what he says she will do, She gave me much confident when i met her and she did bring my wife back..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your problem may have something to do with 'Talker brooks' (above).

    I remember those Sainsbury's vacuum packs of cooking bacon.I have to admit to having HUGE (gorgeous) bacon sandwiches.... no wonder I put on a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is the most random comment I have seen!. Perhaps he thought a "spell witch" could get the lamb sucking! I suppose we should save the link, as you never know when you could use a little extra help with stuff. Feel free to avail yourself of her services should you need to.

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to hear about all their adventures with you. So sweet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall definitely be posting about their progress and antics. they are rather cute aren't they?

      Delete
  9. No trouble signing up to follow your blog here. :) Except google keeps pestering for that mobile phone # "just in case," but I don't have one!!!!

    The lambs are precious. You literally have your hands full!. I confess I don't name my chickens, but I do name my goats (even the ones we've eaten). I figure I'll quit naming when I run out of names. :)

    ReplyDelete